The Gaston County Public Library enjoys the support of the Friends of the Gaston County Public Library, a non-profit, local organization founded in 1983.
The Friends of the Gaston County Public Library:
- serve as a library advocate in the community
- present special library programs for all ages
- raise funds for designated library needs
- encourage volunteer participation in library activities
- the annual Book Sale
- ongoing Meet the Author presentations and book signings
- informative and entertaining speakers
- children’s Summer Reading guest artist & performers
- Arts-in-Education programming for area students and adults
- special Learning Opportunities, including writers’ workshops
- and much, much more!
- advance notice of upcoming Library events
- timely newsletters featuring Library events and news
- the Annual Meeting – delightful entertainment and delicious refreshments
- volunteer opportunities to participate in Friends’ projects that provide short-term assistance and ongoing service to the Library community
Become a Friend of the Gaston County Public Library today!
Annual Memberships and Lifetime Memberships are accepted throughout the year.
ANNUAL MEMBERSHIPS begin on June 1 and expire on May 31:
Student (18 years and under) $5
Club/Business/Group $200 or more
To join, return a completed application form and payment to any Gaston County Public Library branch location, or mail to:
Friends of the Gaston County Public Library
1555 E. Garrison, Blvd.
Gastonia, NC 28054
Membership brochures and forms are available at all Gaston County Public Library locations, or download here.
2022-2023 EXECUTIVE BOARD
President: Melinda Pierce
Vice-President: Ann Peninger
Secretary: Nancy Kuney
Treasurer: Jim Morris
Past President: Linda Klocker
Newsletter: Dandria Bradley
Membership: Carol Teeter
Book Sale: Melinda Pierce & Ann Peninger
Hospitality: Sandy DeMarco
Gail Silkstone (ex officio)
GCPL Friends’ FOCUS Newsletter
GCPL Friends’ Membership Brochure
For more information, 704-868-2164.